Thursday, December 17, 2009

We're getting close - can ya feel it? While it was unseasonably warm here in KC for most of the past month and half - and I realized that if I lived in California, I wouldn't know how to get into the Christmas spirit 'cause it just doesn't feel like that time of year without the cold and the snow! - the temperature has officially and dramatically dropped and we've had our first snow. And the holidays are in full swing. Meaning, holiday parties, gatherings, cocktail occasions, and family events are also swingin' in the merriest of fashion. Which may, I don't know, leave some in a lurch when it comes to churning out the looks for all the different goings-on. Well, Beauty Brands and Target are here to help.

Curiously, I've never done a red polish, but I felt like this holiday season was time to bite the bullet. After all, I adore a good bitten lipstick.  So, armed with the $5 coupon I received as a perk of being enrolled in Beauty Brands' Beauty Advisor program (I get a coupon for a free product, or two, at least once a week!), I marched on in to check out their nail polish selection. And what joy - they have several holiday reds on sale!

Find China Glazes' glitzy Ruby Red Slippers polish on sale for $3.98, while OPI has two shades - Pomegranate Me a Wish and Red a la Mode - on sale for $4.98. Generally, OPI's lacquers are a cool $8.50, so for a previously red-shy girl, I couldn't beat the introductory low rate. I chose Pomegranate Me a Wish, a shimmery pink-infused red and am currently wearing it on my pretty nails and haven't been able to stop staring. I'm officially a red convert. Red a la Mode is more a classic red and I packaged the China Glaze polish in with a Secret Santa gift and now that I'm initiated, I'm kind of thinking of going back for a bottle of the bold, glittery red. That is, if they don't run out!

Beauty Brands also has OPI's full collection of 10 holiday shades, from deep plums and burgandies, to dazzling bronzes, all priced at $8.50. At under $10, it's a steal as far as accessories go, and even if it's the only update you make to your holiday wardrobe this year, be assured that all of these polishes are show-stopping statement makers. Which is all I ask of a manicure.

Also right now, receive a free OPI clear top coat with any OPI purchase over $17.

And finally Rodarte for Target has hit stores; I've been waiting for months, I feel like! Alas, no shoes in the line, but lace tights, tulle skirts, a lacy slip dress with bows on the shoulders, and cardigans are among the more covetable items. Key colors are mustard yellow and black, and the overriding print is . . . leopard! There are 55 total items in the collection and it will be in stores until January 31, but, you know, I'd go ahead and hit it up now because the line made its debut December 20 and I wouldn't be surprised if my local Target is already sold out of the best pieces. Darn it all, and I haven't made it yet. I find it hard to shop for myself this time of year, but for Rodarte, mmm, I think I'll make an exception.

 

Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! Make sure you sparkle from eyes to toes, and have a Cool Yule!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers