Good morning and happy Sunday! We're now one week away from Halloween - can ya dig it?
This past weekend marked my first weekend out since having the stomach flu somethin' awful, and here (briefly) is what I noticed:
1. While at a wedding in Chanute, Kansas, I had a Christian Louboutin spotting. Well, I never! Oooh la la - so exciting!
2. Wwoofing - what my sister is taking her gap year and doing in New Zealand and Europe - is officially chic. Spotted in the pages of Vogue, models posed in over-the-knee Wellies and looked their fiercest while working the organic farms. Somehow I don't see little sis farming in Jimmy Choo's though. . .
3. Thanks to the 80's comeback, my mom's "vintage" closet is officially a la mode again. Yay mommy! Sheer tights also make a comeback and I'm loving the look of swiss dot and lined hosiery. So ladylike!
4. Another note to mommy: trench coats will never, ever go out of style. I say this, after she barraged me with texts the night before the wedding, questioning her ensemble, asking to borrow my own raincoat, in case of showers. I said, mother, mine's a trench too, natch.
5. I'm buying my first pair of legwarmers since ballet in the early 90's today, and after I wear them with my awesomely 80's My Little Pony costume, I'm going to spend the winter with them peeking out of my boots. I love the look! And it works perfectly with fall's uber-layered look.
There you have it! Nothing much, but brevity, my dears, is the soul of wit.
activities for toddlers (3) Beauty (4) body_image (1) Christmas_wishes (2) Cintra_Wilson_criticism (1) dating (1) etiquette (2) fashion (28) freelancing (1) French (3) gentleman (3) Giving_Back (2) gossip girl (2) Gossip_Girl_Style (1) Hair (1) Kansas City (2) life lessons (2) materialism (1) Mens_Fashion (3) nannying (6) nannying in Kansas City (2) Paris (2) personal style (7) photo shoot (2) pie (2) prepster_fashion (2) pumpkin pie (2) sara forrest photography (3) shoes (3) shopping (4) singledom (1) Southern_fashion (1) southern_gentleman (2) style (5) styling (3) teaching (4) toddlers (7) turning 25 (1) twenty-something (2) writer (1)