Monday, September 14, 2009

OMFG. The B**** is back.

It's been a long time, Upper East Siders. Too long. And how, yes, how, we've missed indulging in your excesses, your misbehavior, your shocking lack of manners beneath the well-groomed veneers. But most of all, oh Serena, oh Blair, oh Chuck, we've missed your clothes. Nay, your wardrobe.

The sumptuous silks, daredevil hem and necklines, the purple, the ascots, the unisex neckties, the bright tights, the gowns, the headbands - oh, the headbands. Gossip Girl, we welcome thee back.

And I can't wait to see what this season brings us, especially now that our favorite well-moneyed miscreants are in college, meaning, out of uniform. Will Blair don tea gloves for rush? I'm sure we'll see Serena in some over-the-knee boots. And Blair's sure to rock the 40's revival. Beyond that, well, it's all just wait-and-see eye candy.

Today also marks the day that Anna Sui's Gossip Girl - inspired line for Target officially hits stores. I've only had the chance to sneak peak online, having sadly missed the pop-up shop at Fashion Week last week, but, I can say that there are definite winners in the bunch. Overall, I'm not a huge fan of the Vanessa or Jenny looks, but, then, for me, Blair and Serena have always carried a more sophisticated cache of style as it is (and I'm really not a Vanessa fan, especially since the actress who portrays her stole my man Ed Westwick, aka Chuck, in real life). But no matter whose apparel you aspire to wear, be sure to check out the frocks fast; as highly publicized as the line has been, I'm sure it won't last. I'll be doing some after-work shopping myself, and don't worry, this girl's sure to report back.

That's all for now, fashion insiders. But before I go and slip away, I'll leave you with this. It's been one week since Labor Day. My question is, are you still wearing white? You should be.

You know you love me.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers