Monday, August 23, 2010

Freelancing Fun: Sunrise Shoot at Lakeview Lake

What I won't do in the name of clothes, I sometimes wonder. This time, it was leaving my house at 5:30 am on a Saturday morning to drive to Lakeview Lake, outside of Lawrence, for a gorgeous sunrise photo shoot at this charming little lakeside community.

Established in 1892, complete with a clubhouse, this little place reminded me of the bungalows on Chappaquiddick Island up on Martha's Vineyard, or lake camps in the Catskills - built as a place for Kansas City aristocrats to hunt and fish and get away from the bustle of city life.

Not a high fashion shoot, but fun nonetheless; I was working with Sara, the photographer, and a model couple, Ben and Crystle, and we shot everywhere from on a 1970's green pontoon boat (pretty awesome) to rickety docks and an old screened-in porch.

Here are some of the photos I took:
<>
Sara scoping out the docks.
There was a huge storm the night before, so Sara didn't quite get the sunrise light she was hoping for, but the mists were just gorgeous.

everyone at work!

Models going fishing

Pontoon!

Of course, Sara's will be better, and I'll share more when I get some proofs from her. Not a bad way to start a Saturday, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers